Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Powerless

I have this wonderful friend, Pat, who is very wise. She often reminds me that there are times when I am powerless and must give *whatever* over to my Higher Power and let it go. Simple advice, yet profound when actually implemented. I struggle with giving over that power at times, certainly when it comes to myself and when it comes to situations I see people in. A few posts back, I mentioned that I had recently learned of a domestic violence situation and that the whole thing bothered me. I learned today that the situation is worse, much worse, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Is it enough to pray for that person? Can it be enough? Will I ACCEPT that what I can do is pray, and what I must do is pray? I am trying to give it over but it's so hard. Pat often reminds me to breathe....God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Sigh....

1 comment:

mandyc said...

TAG - you're it! You need to come check out my blog and see what you've been tagged to do - and try hooking up with a blog ring or at least linking to other blogs to get more traffic - it helps generate conversation....