Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to blogging

I haven't blogged in a LONG time. After getting into Facebook I started using that as a blog space. I decided to go ahead and come back here, who knows if it will last. Due to changes in my life I feel the need to write (as writing helps ease anxiety and stress). The changes aren't bad but I don't deal with major change so easily and just the act of change causes me anxiety.
So what's new you ask? Well, I left my job where I did case management for the elderly and disabled. I was there about a year and a half but it was time to move on. My big reason for leaving was to do my final internship for my social work program. There was no way to keep that full time job and intern full time.

I started a part time job this week. I am working at a crisis line, answering calls from various sources. One line is for those who just need someone to talk to--maybe they are a little depressed or having a rough time. There's also a line for folks looking for information on social service resources, which we look up in a comprehensive database. I've only been there two nights (I work 6pm to midnight) but I LOVE it. I think it's going to be a great place for me. It's a good use of my social work skills.

My internship for school has been a little messed up so I haven't started yet. I hope to get going by early next week. I did talk with OU and switched to an extended practicum, so i won't actually finish until end of July. That's ok with me though because it means I only intern about 18-22 hours per week, instead of 36-40 like I was scheduled. The new schedule allows me to actually sleep at night for more than 5 hours. ugh.

That's life at the moment. More updates to come soon as I get back into the swing of blogging.

No comments: