Friday, August 04, 2006

Boomer Sooner Blah

At the end of this month I am starting classes in the Masters of Social Work program at the University of Oklahoma. OU offers the only MSW in the state so I had no choice but to become a Sooner.
See, I live in Oklahoma--where football is religion and the pigskin is God. Personally, I could care less. I like football and I don't mind watching it, but I don't go to games or get all caught up in the hoopla.
Well, I had figured up what my first semester (2 classes) would cost me and was ok. Today I find out that since I'm in some Advanced Program or something, the cost is HIGHER. Yeah. So, tack another $600 or so to what I anticipated. Not happy. At all. Money is wayyyyy tight in my world right now.
I think the part that irritates me most is that there was never anything said about this program being more expensive than standard tuition so how the heck are we supposed to prepare???

In the past couple of days, two OU football players got busted for apparently being ghost employees of a car dealership, which I guess is against NCAA rules. The players got booted from the football team and people are threatening the stupid car dealership! There have been all these commercials from the dealership pleading for the public to keep shopping at their place and that the OLD ownership is responsible for what happened. Actually, the 2 football players are responsible because they knowingly broke the rules. To their credit, the players and the coach (Bob Stoops) have not layed blame anywhere. The situation was handled appropriately but still--isn't there something more pressing happening in the world than 2 kids who got kickbacks from a car dealership?
Apparently not, since this is what I'm blogging about.

Send tuition money to Princess Rachel, Oklahoma City. Thanks.

No comments: