Monday, August 21, 2006

What happens in Chicago....

I had a most fabulous time in Chicago, hanging out with my Young Democrats friends and having a little vacation. I went early so my OCU pal, Shane, and I could hang out and catch up. We spent a day at the Shedd Aquarium and it was great. Don't spend the extra $ for the SpongeBob movie....it's not worth it. The penguins and sea turtles are the best. Shane and I also went to The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. I managed not to drop fondue on me so the experience was a success.

This wasn't a regular YD national conference. There was training going on and the DNC was meeting, so I kind of floated around between activities. For the most part, I hung out with friends. I have to say that this was one of my favorite YD meetings in a long time. I adore these YD people---we are like minded, we have lots to talk about, and we just all have a general respect and appreciation for one another. It was so great to laugh.

I have today and Tuesday off then back to work on Wednesday. Classes start Friday so this is the end of free time for me. Wish Jodie and I luck as we scramble to finish our assignment that's due first day. Ack!

2 comments:

Angela said...

you hung out with shane and with penguins!? i am way jealous.

Unknown said...

Sponge Bob was so worth it - do not listen to Rachel. POKE! Where else can you sit in a movie theater and instantly the smell of pickles fills the air? My 4-D Sponge Bob experience was way better then the supposed comodo dragon which I am still convinced was fake!